Continuing Education Grants - MEF
Yellowstone Annual Conference
The Ministerial Education Fund is administered by the Board of Ordained Ministry and funded through Mission Shares. Money is available through a grant process for continuing education for clergy appointed in Yellowstone Conference. Clergy are encouraged to apply for funds to help cover the costs associated with continuing education, i.e. travel & registration for events.
Additionally, Conference groups are encouraged to apply for funds to create local continuing education events within Yellowstone Conference.
Grants will be awarded based on the following criteria. There is no set deadline; requests will be reviewed as they are received. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for your application to be reviewed.
Distribution of funds will be done based on the following criteria:
- Support for current Seminary students planning to return to Yellowstone Conference and serve in the local church.
- Support for individual continuing education for all YACUMC pastors with priority given to:
- Pastors in “missional” appointments.
- Pastors serving rural communities.
- Pastors earning minimum salary.
- Each appointed clergy is eligible for up to $500/year.
- Developing local continuing education opportunities by conference boards/groups.
Those seeking individual grants should fill out the request form. Any questions should be directed to the MEF coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org