Communications Director - Interfaith Alliance of Colorado, Denver, Colorado
The Interfaith Alliance of Colorado Communications Director
Background:The Interfaith Alliance works to promote justice, religious liberty and interfaith understanding through relationship building, education and advocacy. We bring together diverse people and communities of faith to bring positive spiritual voices to the public sphere. Our values are grounded in religious liberty, human rights and equality, and moral government. Our actions are grounded in connecting people of diverse faiths and empowering them to work in partnership for our shared values in the community.
Summary:We are looking for a person interested in being a part of the team guiding the vision of The Interfaith Alliance of Colorado through our written and electronic communication. This person will have a deep understanding of and alignment with our mission and vision, and will have technical skills to manage and maintain social media, to create communication copy and graphics to be sent out through our statewide network, and to manage and update resources for our congregations such as a ‘Advocacy Tool Kit’. This person will have skill sets in both traditional and social media, and will understand the vital role of communication to the ultimate effectiveness and sustainability of our organization. This person will develop and implement an integrated communications and marketing plan.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain social media including facebook, twitter, youtube and others
- Assist in development of statewide campaign to support non-discrimination advocacy
- Work with ED to write press releases, Op Eds and Letters to the Editor
- Develop graphics and design flyers and public announcements
- Develop weekly 'legislative updates' to be released weekly during the legislative session, and bi-weekly emails to go to members and the community
- Develop annual marketing and communications plan and calendar
- Support in development of copy for communications, internal and external
- Support in development of Voter Registration materials and messaging
- Keep up to date with national sector happenings and relay to team
- Work with Advocacy Coalitions, specifically serving as the communication liaison on collaborative efforts
- Support in copy editing of three development mailings each year
- Maintain updates on website including current events and community calendar
- Support with education and community events
- Meet weekly with ED and Team
- 40 hrs/ week flexible schedule
- Annual contract
At least 2 years of communications experience, managing websites, and communications. Can exhibit examples of web, copy and graphic skills.
Compensation:This contract position will pay $40,000 per year, with benefits stipend, continuing education support of $1000 annually, and personal and professional development oriented culture.
Contact: Rev. Amanda Henderson