The Conference Communications Office strives to inform and connect clergy and laity to the missions, ministries, news, and events of the Yellowstone Conference of The United Methodist Church.
The goals of our website are:
- To serve as the informational hub for the Yellowstone Conference and be the first source of news and updates from the Conference and The United Methodist Church.
- To provide local church leaders with mission opportunities and connect the Yellowstone Conference with resources that engages its work in discipleship.
- To be a repository for forms, downloads, grant applications, registration sign-ups, donations, archives, and the Annual Conference Journal.
- To be an intuitive, functional, and streamlined website that users can access at any time for their informational needs.
The Yellowstone Conference distributes the following communications: The bi-weekly YAC News sent on the first and third Wednesday of the month, the monthly Missions News sent on the first Monday of the month, letters and blogs from Bishop Karen Oliveto, and urgent news as needed. Emails from our Youth and Camping Ministries are sent on an as-needed basis. Additionally, there will be email updates sent during the Annual Conference Session in June.
The bi-weekly YAC News will be a snapshot and short digest of the connectional ministry of The United Methodist Church. The newsletter will feature one major story from the Yellowstone Conference or The United Methodist Church with links to refer back to the website for more news.
We welcome the submission of news and requests (job openings, ministry materials) that benefit the local church and serve the mission of our larger connection. Any events included in the newsletter should highlight the connectional ministry of the conference or local church. Any fundraising events should be for United Methodist missions or community giving. Publication of events or job postings by outside groups shall be at the discretion of the Director of Communications. Content from outside groups shall be ecumenical or community-based.
To submit items for the bi-weekly YAC News, email email@example.com or use the online form. The deadline to submit items for the conference newsletter is by noon the Monday prior to publication. Space limitations and other considerations may prevent your material from being published immediately. We also reserve the right to edit copy. Please ensure photos and artwork are high-quality and of sufficient resolution.
Click here to subscribe to Yellowstone Conference communications
The goals of our social media presence are:
- To increase awareness of the Yellowstone Conference of The United Methodist Church and its work on mission and connectional ministry.
- To increase awareness of The United Methodist Church as a whole and its work on global mission and ministry.
- To keep clergy and laity updated on news and events in the Yellowstone Conference.
- To share information and resources from United Methodist Church boards and agencies.
- To be an extension of the Yellowstone Conference website and its newsletters.
We welcome comments on many of the posts on this site. To encourage respectful dialogue, we’ve posted these simple guidelines below.
- Stay on topic.
- Be respectful.
- Be truthful.
- No spam.
We retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to remove those violations and to block aggressive users.
Dialogue and disagreement are welcome but off topic remarks, and/or abusive language against individuals are not welcome.
United Methodist Communications provides a multitude of resources to help your local church grow its presence in the community. Click the links below to get started:
If you have communications questions not answered on this page, please contact Charmaine Robledo, Director of Communications of the Mountain Sky Area of The United Methodist Church: firstname.lastname@example.org | 303-325-7054