Team Coordinator - Salud y Paz, Guatemala
Salud y Paz is a non-profit organization working in the Guatemalan highlands to promote health and education among the indigenous Mayan population. We are currently seeking an organized, responsible, and enthusiastic individual to fill the role of team coordinator.
Duties include coordinating and hosting volunteer teams, financial record keeping, data collection, and marketing. S/he reports directly to the Director of Logistics and works closely with other volunteers and Guatemalan staff to fulfill duties.
Specific duties include:
- Communication with team leaders to establish appropriate expectations and preferences regarding accommodations and service projects.
- Communication with coworkers of preferences and details of upcoming service projects.
- Maintains team schedule
- Communicating with customs contact in Guatemala to insure teams easily enter the country
- Recruits new teams based on the needs of Salud y Paz and the people it serves
- Works closely with the medical coordinator for successful completion of surgery weeks. This may include but is not limited to: airport welcome, patient scheduling, set up, break down, etc.
- Works closely with medical coordinator and coordinator of logistics to organize and schedule medical and dental teams.
- Maintains impeccable financial records for all expenses.
- Updates Facebook and other social media pages
- Updates website
- Interviews patients and team members for future stories.
- Works with resource coordinator to complete newsletters
- Takes quality photos to illustrate our story.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Dropbox
- Photography skills
- Proficiency of photo editing program
- Proficiency with social media sites and websites
- Willingness to use own computer for work
- Basic level of Spanish comprehension or a desire to learn
- A small stipend is provided, but is intended to be accompanied by personal fundraising